I have finally built up the courage to open a shop on Society 6! www.society6.com/gem4000
Just some of the things you can buy on Society6. This is my first design :3
I only have one design on there right now but I am planning on uploading new designs soon! My art style is cute and simple. I do have ideas for more complicated designs but let’s keep it simple for now.
Please check it out and give feedback or any tips as I navigate this new marketing and creative venture.
I have been thinking about which direction I want this blog to go in. I am no longer using it for the intended purpose of following my goals, even though I still want to. I originally had a vision of updating weekly on all of my goals that I am carrying out, I even made all the different categories. But I like creating new things.
Now I have kinda abandoned that vision. So I think I would like this blog to be about anything I want to write about. My goals, the things I like, inspiring posts to help me put my thoughts in perspective and to hopefully help whoever is reading.
I hope you stick around to watch this blog evolve 🙂
It was my birthday a while ago. Since becoming an adult I have gotten into the pattern of getting upset with myself around my birthday because I am always focusing on the things I haven’t achieved being an adult. Most of these things are proper adult things like buying a house, having a car, having a family. In reality, most adults can’t even afford a house until they’re in retirement, cars are freakin’ expensive and I do not want a family anytime soon! (unless they’re the fluffy kind)
I seem to be forgetting that the adult years last for around 30 years. So instead of getting sad this year, I am turning it around and writing down what I have accomplished in my life:
- learned to walk
- learned to talk
- completed school
- was first person of my household to go to uni
- got all gold trophies in Mario Kart
- am the only person in my household with student debt
- am probably not the only person in my household who is in debt
- went to a concert on my own
- went flying on my own
- passed driving theory
- didn’t fail uni/school/college
- made an animation
- knows how to draw in photoshop
- was first person in my household to be on social media (yey millennial generation!)
- have a blog
- won a Pacman teddy from the crane game
- won a Pacman ghost teddy from the crane game (Clyde to be exact, my favourite!)
- is now proud wearer of glasses
- have all Beyoncé albums
- won tickets to see Beyoncé live
- dyed my hair
- has traveled abroad
- been on a rollercoaster
- got through puberty
- finally became a self-employed artist
- got stung by a wasp
- beat the final boss in Ocarina of Time
Yes they might not be BIG accomplishments, but it really is the little things we have to remember. (Plus there are some bigger achievements that I am choosing to not blog about at this time.) Yes I want independence, my own family, but I already have a family and a roof over my head. It’s ok to dream and have goals, but it is even more important to remind ourselves of where we are now, in a positive way. Remind ourselves of what we have instead of what we have not.
Birthday shoob wishes you a happy birthday!